Sunday, August 16, 2026

US markets heading into series of new highs…

 US stock market has regained its strength and is heading into series of new highs.

AI related stocks are back in favour and may reach all time highs sooner than later.

Semiconductor stocks are back in favour also.

Correction was fast & severe to many stocks but recovery has started.

A well diversified portfolio is the-best way forward.

Here is how my last week ended :

Last week        UP 10.77%

YTD.                UP 83.39%

Here is my portfolio weighting on 38% exposure :

AMDL.                  36.53%

MU.TO.                 29.75%

GGLL.                   29.03%

MVLL.                     4.69%

BLOG does NOT give buy or sell.

Saleem 

1 comment:

stocktrader_1996 said...

Hi Saleem,

Last week: -4.84% (YTD: +9.72%)
Portfolio Leaders: NN
Portfolio Laggards: BODI AEVA NNOX WGS AMBQ CODA

Despite the averages inching higher, the portfolio saw pullback in many stocks after the huge up week prior. A huge drop in BODI after earnings put me on alert that I need to be more thoughtful about timing and price action, so I made some adjustments. The rest of earnings have been mostly good, with a lot of my companies' inflection points still in the future, so I am patient with holding while they develop -- these are not the semiconductors of today that are already booming with absolute revenue numbers that would have been unfathomable two years ago, but hopefully some of my companies see that kind of growth in future years. Yields are shooting higher in many places of the world, and creeping higher here, but I think as long as economic growth holds up, we can see stock market and individual company returns continue. An Anthropic IPO could suck a lot more growth money out of existing names, like the SpaceX IPO did -- I think that's an important development to watch. Consumer spending seems to be slowing along with the job market, and I see that as the major risk to the economy in the next year. The midterms might see a shift towards the Democratic Party and it may be worth revisiting some "democratic" names like solar -- I have my eye on ENPH again as a potential next buy.

Holdings: BFLY AMBQ PONY RKLB AEVA TWST WGS NN NNOX, cash 0%

Stocktrader