Saturday, August 8, 2026

US stock market looking better

 US stock market looking much better after bouts of severe profit taking and major downward adjustments in AI related stocks.

Stocks have found their own levels as support.

It has been very tough market for many to navigate through ups & downs of AI phenomenon 

Nice to see equilibrium in stock market.

I was in the process of major relocation in my living status.

Have sold my home and in the process of finding my rental space in a much sunnier and warm place.

Was travelling plus living in hotel.

Once I settle down, will give more detail.

Had a nasty fall in Toronto, broke my left wrist, has surgery done…all since July 16 forward..quite a challenging 21 days so far… got my cast and stitches removed overseas..

This is how my last week ended :

Last week.         UP 14.08%

YTD.                 UP 72.62%

Here is my weighting on 20% exposure:

AMDL.                    61.41%

MU.TO.                    37.71%

MVLL                           .88%

BLOG does NOT give buy or sell.

Saleem 

14 comments:

Stock Rookie said...

Hi Salem,

Good to hear back from you and I am so sorry to hear you went thru some rough time and your wrist situation. Praying for a quick recovery and smooth moving to next destination.

Simon

Michael said...

Hi Saleem,

Hope you've fully recovered from your broken wrist and are ready to embrace the next chapter of your life--as a renter rather than a homeowner! Wishing you lots of happiness and good things ahead in this new chapter.

Your loyal fan.

Michael

stocktrader_1996 said...

Hi Saleem,

What a last few weeks for you personally - I had no idea! Hope the healing is going well and a new place in a sunny, warm land sounds amazing! On top of all that, a great week in the market for you too!

Stocktrader

stocktrader_1996 said...

Hi Saleem,

Last week: +19.45% (YTD: +15.30%)
Portfolio Leaders: AEVA RKLB TWST NN BFLY (all 24%+)
Portfolio Laggards: none

Growth stocks rebounded in huge fashion and the portfolio responded with a stellar week. All my stocks were higher and some *much* higher. Ultimately, patience was rewarded and the fears were overblown, like almost always. A big hedge fund blowup contributed to the prior relentless selling, and getting past that, there were no sellers to be found. Some earnings have been good already, some rebounding nicely from lower openings as investors still crave the long term growth stories - looking to see if RKLB tonight is another one of those. There are still a few stocks in my portfolio that aren't really doing much, and haven't for months, so I'm debating what to do with those...

Holdings: BFLY AEVA PONY AMBQ TWST RKLB BODI NN CODA NNOX, cash 0%

Stocktrader

Stock Rookie said...

Hi Stocktrader,
Great rebound week for your portfolio. Good luck with the next ideas.

Simon

Stocks100 said...

Thanks Simon for your caring note, much appreciated.
Saleem

Stocks100 said...

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your note re my health & relocation, both on the mend.
Nice to see your note.
Saleem

Stocks100 said...

Hi Stocktrader,
Sometimes life gives you Lemons, trying to recover and adjust.
Lots of challenges here but I am up to it.

Saleem

Stocks100 said...

Hi Stocktrader,
What a week for you, hoping it's a start of something big

Saleem

stocktrader_1996 said...

Hi Saleem,

Ok, I did a little housecleaning... overdue but never too late:

Sold CODA @ 10.17
Sold BODI @ 6.37
Bought WGS @ 82.54
Added small to RKLB @ 81.23

I knew that BODI would be in transition for the rest of this year, but I didn't expect the market to punish them that much. It really is a show-me story first, and I fear the year is lost. As for CODA, it could be in the same boat with a niche product and lumpy revenues, so I sell it before earnings.

I wanted to buy WGS a week ago and it's up nearly 20% since then. I still can articulate the long term story and it seems *their* transition is going more smoothly and/or the market is willing to see through it, so it feels like an appropriate idea currently.

RKLB was a little underweight due to falling so far from the highs, so I add a little here on good outlook and price action.

Stocktrader

Stock Rookie said...

Hi Stocktrader,

Good luck with WGS and more RKLB..

Simon

Stocks100 said...

Hi Stocktrader,

Always good to review and revamp portfolio to reflect current realities.

Good luck with will all the adjustments

Saleem

Stock Rookie said...

Hi Salem & Stocktrader,

Sold AMBQ for PONY..

Simon

stocktrader_1996 said...

Good luck with PONY!

I'm a little worried about earnings next week, mostly because of how the stock has acted this year, but maybe this is the rebirth - revenue growth and story should continue to be impressive...