Thursday, August 23, 2007

Markets marking time..to digest news & GAINS !!!!

Markets euphoria over BAC $2 Billion investment in CFC has faded...to deal with mini-overbought conditions.

I still expect markets to show "improving pattern by close...may be NO CIGAR"

I firmly believe that we have "overcome the hysteria of sub-prime & credit woes"

Why do I believe this......because Fed & Financial institutions are working on solving this crisis...

My suggestion ...keep doing your due diligence and find your comfort level with your stocks....means KNOW what you are "marrying TO"

Based on my due diligence I tip-toed today into VMW......

I have been doing lot of DD on VMW.....valuation I am never sure with any "new concept"

VMW is into virtualization software...means that they can RUN multiple operating system simultaneously...thus reducing the need for SERVERS.......they currently have 85% of market share...which is only 5% penetrated......

Some private companies are getting into this arena......but VMW is firmly entrenched.....

VMW sales 12/08 $1.89 Billion +47.6% YOY
EPS 12/08 92 cents +48.3% YOY

I will see how it will go......

I liked VMW tape today that it retraced about $9 to $65 @ its low...but it is staying GREEN @11.18 AM...which speaks VOLUME.....Nasdaq down 14....

So let us see what is green @ 11.20 AM.....

VMW,BX,ICE,NYX,VLO,SNE,IIJI,SOHU,NTES,HPQ.

Good luck for the rest of the day.

BLOG does not give buy or sell.

Saleem

No comments: