Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nasdaq taking a "pit stop" of <2.02%>

Markets are doing something which some traders are never ready for....Yes markets do go down and it is very healthy......

It is "highly recommended" to have a well defined sell strategy IF you are a trader.

Nasdaq is the weakest as it was the strongest in its RUNUP.....

S&P 500 & Dow down less than 1%...thanks to financials AGAIN....

Jobless claims as expected is getting better......

Gold Down 10 cents

Oil UP $1.09

Canadian $ is down 34 tick after closing @ record HIGH yesterday against US$......

In my portfolio :

Bought OTEX

Bought PALM

Bought PMCS

Portfolio is CTX,NVDA,OTEX,PMCS,PALM.....

I have pulled out 50% of my trading funds & placed in money market...so have 50% exposure to market only...a very comfortable exposure @ this juncture.....I will increase my exposure if there is meaningful correction as we go forward....IF we keep going UP...then I will reduce my exposure to only 40%..."my way" of managing risk......

@ 12.16 following are green :

OTEX,C,BAC,CTRN,ABX,ISRG,GG,VAR,FWLT,
RCI,GRMN.....

NVDA reports AH...expecting a very good guidance !!!!

IPI,WEN also reporting AH....both will be WEAK for the reporting period..but optimistic spin for 2nd half.....

BLOG does NOT give buy or sell.

Saleem

3 comments:

standardshigh said...

Hi Saleem,

Options expiry next Friday 15th. Could get volatile as adjustments are made.

HIG looking good but why? Too good.

Best Regards

Stocks100 said...

Hi Standards,

My brother works for HIG in CT...They are selling many piece of business...getting lean....

OE could be on the UPSIDE.

Saleem

standardshigh said...

Hi Saleem,

Thanks. Could be a good thing.

Options could be on the upside.

Just have to wait and see.

Best Regards