Tuesday, September 16, 2008

S&P 500 closed @ 1213.59....near high of the day !!!

Markets are trying very hard to put in a solid bottom......

AIG seems to be the last hurdle......

There is a good chance that we move towards resolution of AIG......

CNBC is reporting a resolution of AIG with a bridge loan of $85 to $90 billion by treasury against issuance of warrants to cover the loan value.....this should propel the market UP in a big way......

Severe dilution of AIG common is expected...

Most sectors closed strong.....

I bought VMW.....a virtualization software tech company....Cost $31.70...

Portfolio is SOL,CSIQ,RIMM,PMCS,JNPR,VMW,GG & OIL.TO......I am making my portfolio very broad based as many stocks have tested their support.....I will continue to do this approach...as I feel that we are coming out of bear market......

I am expecting a major rally in Gold & Oil...which will move all commodities UP !!!!!

BLOG does NOT give buy or sell.

Saleem

4 comments:

c said...

SALEEM

Look like the democrats are running scared!

As for many stocks I got em all. THey are all red but heres to better days.... DSX FRO and Monsanto are strong. I think AG and oil are coming back and the home builders have a bottom in they were green yesterday.
I al,os think that HAL is way over sold

Have a great day
I am stepping out, morning appointment for Doctor

Have a good one

Stocks100 said...

Hi C,

I do believe that you have a very good portfolio.....now that the bear is coming to an end.

Good luck with your checkup.

Saleem

A D said...

Hi Saleem,

As usual, thanks for your commentary. Do you think that the new SEC rules regarding short-selling may give a little bump to the market starting tomorrow as current "naked-shorts" need to be covered?

Thanks,
AD

Stocks100 said...

Hi Ad,

Yes there will be a positive slant to most shorted stock.

Most likely market will be stable from thursday due to non-existent naked short rule.

Saleem