Monday, June 9, 2008

Stocks finished on a decent note......

Stocks were struggling whole day...but closed trending UP......

Oil pulled back almost $4.....

Solar stocks got clobbered......

Most solar stocks are struggling with either 50 DMA or 200 DMA......

This sharp solar pullback was across the board......Have they tested their SUPPORT already???

In my portfolio :

Sold BRCM & booked a loss of 69 cents per share.....

Added 50% more SOL...my cost went down to $23.76..now my largest position !!!!

My portfolio is MRVL,RIMM,SOL......

MRVL rating 0/30 target $18.60

RIMM rating 70/90 target $153.33

SOL No TA....SOL went near 50 DMA of $18.79 to $19.02..but closed @ $20.56 closing $1.56 higher than Low of the day.......a very good technical action !!!!!

Stong sectors were Oil,Gas,Coal & selected Techs......

BLOG does NOT give buy or sell.

Saleem

4 comments:

A D said...

Hi Saleem -

Good luck with your trip. I hope your mother is recovering nicely.

Looks like the upgrades for Apple have started to flow quite nicely but the stock (pre-market) is doing much. I hope that it can overcome the negative sentiment in the market today.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ad

madmax said...

HEY Saleem
I hope and I have prayed for your Mother! God bless you and your! When do you leave for Houston?

As for the market SOL is up premarket!

Looking for Visa to go up today as it seems so over sold. I am beliving that my Nat Gas plays will work out.
I hold PQ and RRC.
I love CHK, DVN, ESV are all cranked up to go higher.
Have a great day every one.
I am going to Walter Reed to Volunteer today.....

madmax said...

J the Cramer says:

Apple (AAPL), Research in Motion (RIMM): While Apple might be generating enthusiasm over the release of its new iPhone; most of the excitement is already priced in.“Apple’s been a great trade in a really bad market,” Cramer said. But he added, “we’ve had a very big run. Let’s be sensitive to that.” He recommended selling three-quarters of a position in the company by the end of Monday. Cramer would buy more Research in Motion if it falls below $120.

Stocks100 said...

Hi Ad & Madmax,

Thanks for your good thoughts for my mother.....I leave tommorrow around 11AM.....and will stay in Houston for a week till wed....

AAPL will build a base around here and in about 2 weeks time should be ready to roll...kind of overbought due to 3G iphone hoopla..imho

My brothers PC is not in good shape...very slow infested with spyware & virus...will try to clean it UP....if NOT..then BLOG will not be updated till thursday the 19th june.....

Saleem